What does it mean to be Cosmopolite?
In my mind, it means to be able to cover a lot of subjects in one location.
As a Cosmopolitan, it means to be well travelled and well versed in all kinds of subjects. Well-polished and glamorous.
Lol, if you know me at all, I am neither glamorous nor polished, for the most part.
What you see is what you get!
No pretense and no shady business.
The Webster definition of Cosmopolite:
- a sophisticated, widely traveled person : a cosmopolitan person.
So what is keeping me from incorporating that word into a verb form and describing what I do on a daily basis? Nothing, so here goes!!
Growing up, I was raised to work hard for what I get and to be grateful in my lot in life. That is not to say to I could not or should not strive to be the absolute best I could be at all times.
I am eternally grateful for the lessons I learned growing up in the Amish Mennonite community. I will forever remember all the valuable lessons on living I was taught.
With that being said, I also learned a valuable lesson when I made the choice to leave that community.
- I learned that there is security in the community
- I learned that contrary to what I was taught, you always give the benefit of doubt
- I learned that we are all souls searching to be loved and needed
- I learned that given the right tools, anyone is capable of surviving atrocities visited on them
- I learned that I, and I alone, am responsible for my own salvation
I learned that I can survive!! I am a SURVIVOR!!
And yes, I shout that from my rooftops if needed. I am a strong Christian Wife, Mom and Entrepreneur and so very proud and grateful for that!!!
I get asked all the time…How did you do it? Well, that is another story for another time. (coming soon)
What I know right now, this instant is, I am right exactly where I am supposed to be at this time in my life and I have a lot more to give.